We've had some friends come over and swim a few times with kids the same age as ours. On two occasions their boys came down with a stomach bug after swimming here. The accusation has been that we don't have enough chlorine in our pool because "we can't smell it in the water."
Now I'm fanatical about the pool, FC stays in the 7 range, CYA is 35 pool is crystal clear and has been this summer. I bump chlorine before kids come to swim to make sure it never dips too low, Ph is 7.6, everything is in balance. Yesterday we even topped up when people took a break in the afternoon. FC was 8.5 when I tested last night before bed.
My boys never get sick, they're out there daily swimming. I'm wondering out loud if these boys could be ingesting too much pool water? Could they be getting sick from drinking pool water with chlorine? My kids don't drink the water, having a pool they understand that this isn't good. But sometimes this education is lost on friends.
Coincidence? Or could the pool water be making the kids sick? Thoughts?