May 2, 2014
Inverness Fl
FC 7
CC 7
CYA 50
pH 7.8
TA 90
CH 275

Got a few spots of calcium scaling showing up (took a couple of small crystals-with MA fizz test). Not a lot-about 5 or 6 small one. Wouldn't think with my test numbers that it would happen. But been really hot-humid here in Fl., have taken to using fountain like Dave S. (thanks) to lower water temp. Don't know if this has caused it, have not had it before. Just efflorescence.

Should I be concerned about this to much? I just take a nut pick and scrape it off. If I don't get 100% of it off, will it matter. They are really small areas, and I didn't want to have to do a MA wash of each spot.

onBalance

I read your pdf paper on this. So am I correct (since these are in the grout between tiles), that I should just do nothing for now until the calcium is exhausted from underneath. Won't hurt the pool overall.

Thanks

Now that you have read the article about nodules, you know that those growths have nothing to do with the balancing of the pool water.

Since those nodules are forming on the grout of tiles, go ahead and scrape the nodules off, they may not return. But you could also try to fill in the pinholes and cracks (beneath or under the nodules) with epoxy. That would ensure that nodules won't continue to form.

There won't be any long-term damage to the pool.

Since this is only for filling in a small pin hole crack, I would think that any kind of two-part waterproof epoxy would work fine and do the job.
I have also seen hardware stores sell a grey or black epoxy too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.