Holy O-Ring, Batman - Hayward DE filter O-Rings

My filter was installed 2 years ago and I need to replace the original dex2400k (d-ring)
I ordered and installed a replacement o-ring and that leaks, also seems not thick enough.
I realize (now) that these are sold as O-429 replacements.
I have now ordered 2 dex2400k d-rings at poolsinc.com.
I will find out if they really are d-rings (not o-rings) when I receive them.
Really ****** at Hayward, but my fault for not doing proper research before
getting this system. If I ever buy another whole filter it will definitely be
a pentair.

Welcome to TFP!!

I started this thread to inform folks, like yourself, of the issue.

I'm sorry your new o-ring didn't properly seal the filter :x (as I said to Waterbear, the 'off brand' replacements often weren't thick enough to seal the unit :rant: )

You can try Pogo and Ohm_boy's suggestion of making your own.

If you have other issues, once this is fixed, please feel free to ask me :)

Dang, same problem here but with a 4 year old Pentair multi port valve. Looking for the Cover to Housing o'ring, not in any manuals or books at pool stores. Can buy the whole Cover assy (which I assume would carry the o'ring)... My problem is I took it apart to replace the spider gasket, and there was either no o'ring or it got backwashed. Took the DE filter apart and cleaned it to make sure it wasn't there. So I have nothing but the o'ring groove to look at. About 7.5" diameter, not sure of o'ring thickness... anyone have any suggestions?

i have pro kit o ring box on my truck. its expensive ($250) but almost always has any missing o ring i need. find a exploded diagram of your multiport and ill see if i have it

when it come to fixing multiports, more often than not i just replace the whole unit because the cost of labor involved to disassemble and reassemble the (typically) brittle old valve is not worth it. 4 years is nothing though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.