New Pool Owner - Pump question.

Jul 11, 2016
Bensalem/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First time pool owner. Water tests seem ok. I shock at night and turn the pump on. When I get up the next morning the pump has shut down. The pump is only 3 months old. I changed the DE about 2 weeks ago. The gauge is running around 14. It goes up to 20 every few days and I have to bump it to get it back down. It seems like it will only run around 5 or 6 hours before shutting down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello Joe and welcome to TFP! :wave: I have to ask the obvious question just to get it out of the way ....... any chance your pump is set on a timer somewhere?

As for the water condition (ok) and increasing filter pressure, something tells me you might have an algae bloom in the background trying to take-hold. Do you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit where you could provide some water test results for us?

Nice to have you with us!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.