Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner - Pump question.

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Owner - Pump question.

First time pool owner. Water tests seem ok. I shock at night and turn the pump on. When I get up the next morning the pump has shut down. The pump is only 3 months old. I changed the DE about 2 weeks ago. The gauge is running around 14. It goes up to 20 every few days and I have to bump it to get it back down. It seems like it will only run around 5 or 6 hours before shutting down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    21' AGP with Hayward Perflex Filter Model EC40C90 Series.
    Hayward Pump Model SP15801T2FP, 1.0 HP

Joe

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Owner - Pump question.

Hello Joe and welcome to TFP! I have to ask the obvious question just to get it out of the way ....... any chance your pump is set on a timer somewhere?

As for the water condition (ok) and increasing filter pressure, something tells me you might have an algae bloom in the background trying to take-hold. Do you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit where you could provide some water test results for us?

Nice to have you with us!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pool Owner - Pump question.

Thanks for the reply. Pump is on a timer, but that is not the issue.
    TF-1000 results

CC= 3
    PH= 7.2
    Alk= 70
    CYA= 30

Hope this helps
    21' AGP with Hayward Perflex Filter Model EC40C90 Series.
    Hayward Pump Model SP15801T2FP, 1.0 HP

Joe