Please Help. Intake Valve Leaking at Intex hose connection

Jun 21, 2015
Sacramento
Hi,

I was wondering if someone on here can please help me out with a leaking problem that I just discovered today. I have a 1 year old Legacy 17' x 52" above ground pool. I am using the original inlet/outlet valves that came with the pool and connected a Intex 3000 gph sand filter and Intex saltwater generator to them. My inlet/outlet valves did not come with any O rings or gaskets to use in between them and the sand filter intake/salt water generator output hoses. The intex hoses also did not have any gaskets or o rings so I tried to make my own out of spare parts and that worked for about a year during which time I ordered what I thought were the correct gaskets from Intex (2 different ones). I noticed last night that the inlet was leaking so I attempted to replace the home made gaskets with the new gaskets from Intex only to discover that they do not work and the inlet is leaking worse than before. I also tried to put the old home made gaskets back in and that didn't help either. Do any of you know what gaskets or o rings will work on the intex sand filter hoses? I tried a couple of local pool supply stores and home depot with no luck so I am praying some one can help me out on here.

20160710_132905.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.