First TF-100 results

Finally got my kit. I was wondering about the chlorine test. The water would turn clear as I swirled it, but then when I let it sit it seemed to slowly turn faintly pink. Does that mean I need to add more drops? Or do I use the number of drops I added the instant it turns clear as my number? Does how long it sits matter? Anyway these are the numbers
Clarity=clear
PH= 7.2
CL= 5

FC=6.5
CC= 0
TC= 6.5
CYA=25
TA=33
Just trying to understand this, it looks like I need to add stabilizer and increase the alkalinity?( I will get specific amounts from pool math) Am I in the right direction?

When using the FAS-DPD chlorine test (with the powder), while continuously swirling, the endpoint of the test is when it first turns clear. If you let it sit, it may turn pink again - so use the drop count when it first turns clear. Do the CC test immediately after it turns clear.

I'd recommend you do the TA test again as it's not possible to get a reading of 33. Or is that a typo?

Always round up on the CYA reading. So 25 is 30. Use PoolMath to shoot for a CYA of 40. Use the CYA/Chlorine chart to adjust FC accordingly.

If your TA is 30 or 40, you should raise it to between 50 and 70. This will keep your pH from crashing too low and also keep it from raising to fast.

Please change your signature to reflect receipt of your TF-100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.