Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First TF-100 results

1. Back To Top    #1

First TF-100 results

Finally got my kit. I was wondering about the chlorine test. The water would turn clear as I swirled it, but then when I let it sit it seemed to slowly turn faintly pink. Does that mean I need to add more drops? Or do I use the number of drops I added the instant it turns clear as my number? Does how long it sits matter? Anyway these are the numbers
    Clarity=clear
    PH= 7.2
    CL= 5

FC=6.5
    CC= 0
    TC= 6.5
    CYA=25
    TA=33
    Just trying to understand this, it looks like I need to add stabilizer and increase the alkalinity?( I will get specific amounts from pool math) Am I in the right direction?
    Hudson New Hampshire
    11000 gal AG 21ft by 52 inch deep round since 7-1-16
    Clearwater II 2hp/2sp cartridge filter
    Well water to add to pool but filled with plain water truck
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: First TF-100 results

When using the FAS-DPD chlorine test (with the powder), while continuously swirling, the endpoint of the test is when it first turns clear. If you let it sit, it may turn pink again - so use the drop count when it first turns clear. Do the CC test immediately after it turns clear.

I'd recommend you do the TA test again as it's not possible to get a reading of 33. Or is that a typo?

Always round up on the CYA reading. So 25 is 30. Use PoolMath to shoot for a CYA of 40. Use the CYA/Chlorine chart to adjust FC accordingly.

If your TA is 30 or 40, you should raise it to between 50 and 70. This will keep your pH from crashing too low and also keep it from raising to fast.

Please change your signature to reflect receipt of your TF-100.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First TF-100 results

Thank you. I will recheck Ta and post.Changed signature
    Hudson New Hampshire
    11000 gal AG 21ft by 52 inch deep round since 7-1-16
    Clearwater II 2hp/2sp cartridge filter
    Well water to add to pool but filled with plain water truck
    TF-100