21 foot round 54" high pool. about 12,500 gallon. So, here's what happened... The outlet tube from the sand filter blew off. (the clamp was rusty and screw stripped.) then I lost all the water out of the pool down to the outlet port. The pump was running dry, but I think I cought it in time. filled the pool back up to half the skimmer. I didn't run the pump over night becuase I was worried. The next day after I got home from work, the pool already started to turn green. I started the pumpo and all is well there. I checked the chlorine level with my DPD test tablets like I always do and the chlorine level was high. (The color of the test sample was very very dark pink).
However, by the smell and, yes, taste of the water, I can't smell or taste any chlorine at all. So, what gives? Is my testing of the water with my DPD kit invalid or am I just simply missing something here??? Please help.