Filter inlet leaking. Proper way to repair?

Bbp

Jun 3, 2016
md
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
A little water is leaking out of the inlet. I've tried to tighten it, but it won't tighten any more. Is there a seal or gasket? Would appreciate any advice I fixing.

Thanks

3572ee1223fe11107f6fb9793e79609d.jpg

take it apart and there should be an O ring inside on the pipe.. if it is missing you can order a new one.. if it is there use "pool lube" on the o ring and put it back together :)

Do I need to unhook the inlet and and outlet then move the filter canister (not sure what it's called) to make room to replace the o ring? Local pool store said I needed to buy the inlet and outlet attachments for $65. Said the o ring wasn't available by it self. Must be a place to order the o ring separately?

Thanks for any help
Bbp

Alright, so after taking it apart. O rings look fine, I lubed them and put all back together. It looks like it's leaking at the tank.

Would appreciate advise on fixing .

Thanks.

906174c1d1ce33dbb6ebddc0bb599ffc.jpg

156f7680283fcea4fcb2ff3b6415a955.jpg

Another question, is there a diagram that shows how each piece fits together? I have the O ring on the piece that is not attached to the tank. I'm not even sure if what in trying to say here makes any sense. Ugh

Looks like I can order bulkhead union sets. I believe the piece that attaches to the tank is leaking. Do they screw in and can be tightened? I can't really tell from the pictures I've found online.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to research and fix myself before calling a pool company to fix.

Thanks

Looks like all you need are the bulkhead o-rings. Actually just the inlet one if the bulkhead fitting isn't stripped (which is unlikely).

Just take the union loose and then unscrew the bulkhead fitting from the tank, replace the o-ring, lube it up good with pool lube and screw the bulkhead fitting back into the tank. Just snug it up good to begin with. You shouldn't need it very tight in order to seal.

P.S. If you haven't tried tightening the bulkhead fitting, I'd loosen the union and tighten the bulkhead fitting a little before anything else. That may solve the problem.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tightened, didn't work. Took everything apart, cleaned and greased the O ring. Didn't work. Going to order a new O ring and hope that works.

Seems like there should be some sort of gasket on the inside the tank. The bulkhead fitting screws directly to that piece on the inside with the attachment. Sorry for not knowing the part names. I would think a rubber gasket against the inside wall of the tank would help.

A little water is leaking out of the inlet. I've tried to tighten it, but it won't tighten any more. Is there a seal or gasket? Would appreciate any advice I fixing.

Thanks

3572ee1223fe11107f6fb9793e79609d.jpg
Hello! I know your post is old but I’m now having the exact same issue you had. Did changing the o ring solve the problem? Also, when it was leaking, did it cause your pump pressure to go up? Thanks, Ken

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.