Test kit for salt water

Jun 13, 2016
Grantsboro NC
New pool guy here. I've read through pool school and I'm going to order a tf-100 kit tomorrow. Now should I spend the extra on the Taylor salt test kit over the test strips?

I've had my pool open for two months now and was getting by with test strips but I'm now having a slight green tint. By reading I belive it's metal and high pH combo. I filled with city water but our water is very hard here.

I've lowered the pH a little but want to be able to post up here with solid numbers.

So should I splurge for the more expensive salt test?

Second question is what is a decent bang for the buck vacuum? Now that im not running the cartridge filter this year I want a better vacuum. The cheap hose operated one is absolute junk.

Absolutely! I swear by the accuracy of the Taylor K-1766 salt test. Salt test strips have never been worth a darn for me. Go ahead an get online to TFTestkits.net now and order the TF-100 along with the Salt kit and it will be on your doorstep by Tue or Wed I bet!! They ship from NC.

Skippy and I love the PoolBlaster Max, rechargeable pool vac.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.