Wanda the Whale Issues

violet-mermaid

Mar 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi all-

We have a new 6500 gallon pool with a 1HP intex pump (for 15,000 gallon pools), and the pump is about 25ft away from the pool. It is inline with the base of the pool, our AGP is buried. When we connect Wanda to the skimmer, there is not enough suction to make her move. If I put my hand to the end of the hose, it does have suction, but not enough. Is there anything we can do to get her working?

the only thing I have heard of is to go to a bigger pump, but I think you have the biggest intex pump or close to it... do you have hard pipe already? if the pool is buried already can you go to an in ground pump?

I have an above ground intex but all my equipment is for an in ground pool :)

hpiEij3h.jpg

I have a Wanda as well. I have a two speed 1hp pump. The pump sits about 12 feet from the pool. Wanda runs just fine on hi speed. She also works good on low speed, she just does not move as fast. So all of the parts on her freely move? There is a back ring and a couple paddles on the bottom that move up and down. Also check your pipe sections to make sure they are sealing up tight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.