Slamming in Ohio - need help Taylor K-2006

I received my test kit a couple weeks ago and have worked on lowering my CYA to 60. On July 1st I started slamming our pool. It looks blue now but still very cloudy. When I tested it at 1:00 my readings were:

FC 23.5 added 16oz. Chlorine
CC 1
PH 7.4 (on 1st)
CYA 60

So, I'm now in my 9th day of slamming. How often should I clean my filter? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

What kind of filter do you have? Please make a signature line with your pool information and equipment listed. It helps us answer your questions. Look up at the top right, under the "Settings" drop down button... then go to "edit signature"

How often are you testing and re-dosing the chlorine? The more often, even hourly, that you do that the fast it goes.

We have a Pleatco cartridge filter. The past coupe days I've been trying to do every 2 hours since I seen that on a thread. Before that maybe every 4 hours. I will update my signature when I can get on my computer. It says you can't do your signature on a mobile device. Thank you for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

Clean your filter whenever you see a 25% increase in the psi.

What is PSI? I've been changing it every few days, but I'm thinking I'll start doing it every day.

We have a Pleatco cartridge filter. The past coupe days I've been trying to do every 2 hours since I seen that on a thread. Before that maybe every 4 hours. I will update my signature when I can get on my computer. It says you can't do your signature on a mobile device. Thank you for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

What is PSI? I've been changing it every few days, but I'm thinking I'll start doing it every day.
Does your filter have a pressure gauge? We normally recommend cleaning the filter based on pressure rise on the gauge (psi). When the pressure has risen 20-25% over the starting clean pressure it's time to clean the filter.

Cleaning your filter is based on how dirty it is, not how many days since cleaning. If you find you need to clean your filter every day, your filter is too small for your pool.

Dom

Does your filter have a pressure gauge? We normally recommend cleaning the filter based on pressure rise on the gauge (psi). When the pressure has risen 20-25% over the starting clean pressure it's time to clean the filter.

Cleaning your filter is based on how dirty it is, not how many days since cleaning. If you find you need to clean your filter every day, your filter is too small for your pool.

Dom

Yes, it does have a pressure gauge. It wasn't working last year, but it seems to be working now. I was just cleaning it every couple days right now while we were trying to clear up the algae. I'm getting ready to go out now and right down my pump and filter info to create a signature.