Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best SWG for above ground pools?

1. Back To Top    #1

Plattsburgh NY

Best SWG for above ground pools?

Good Morning,

After being frustrated with my pool to no end (DE filter on the fritz, etc), I've decided to invest in all new equipment so I can actually enjoy my pool for the remainder of the season.

Along with a brand new 23 inch sand filter and 1.5 hp pump, I'm interested in going SWG for my pool as well, as I do not have a lot of time during the week for general maintenance. Im looking at the Hayward Aqua-Rite, but was wondering if there was a "recommended brand" that you guys would point me to. Thanks!
    15,000 gallon above ground pool w/ vinyl liner
    Pentair Star(50) DE filter
    Unknown pump manufacturer, seems to be working fine
    Pool installed in 2010
    Taylor 2006-K test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Best SWG for above ground pools?

I don't have any opinion on brands, but what you see most of here are the Pentair Intellichlor, Hayward Aquarite and Circupool. Occasionally, I've also seen Jandy Aquapure and SGS Breeze. This link has a variety of saltwater chlorinators listed: Full Market Comparison of Salt Water Chlorine Generators for Swimming Pools

Whatever, you choose, buy the next size up from the size you think you need.

For example, the Hayward T-Cell-9 may be rated OK, but would require 11 hours of average daily run time. The T-Cell-15 would require 5.5 hours. You may not be wanting to run your pump for 11 hours!

Pools should not be frustrating!! Good luck with your upgrade
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting