Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG Saniclear 20 too much FC

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG Saniclear 20 too much FC

I have my saniclear 20 set at 5% currently and my FC vary between 4 and 5.

I have had the water analysed and beside the FC everything is absolutely perfect.

The pool is 13000 gallon.

I feel like even if it says 5% it's generating at 100%

Everytime I check the cell, the voltage and amp indicate it is currently generating.

From my understanding, the % you set the SWG is the % of time of the day it is running.

Any idea?

The pump has variable speed and is running 24/7
    -pool 12X24, 11000 gallons, -1-1/2" plumbing, with 2 return, 1 skimer and 1 pool drain, -the pump is 25 feet away from the pool, -Pentair strarite supermax vs, -55000 BTU heat pump, -Hayward sand filter, -jacuzzi saniclear 20 SWG, -No elevation for the pool equipment, sit on level ground

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG Saniclear 20 too much FC

What is your CYA level? The CYA level determines how high your FC should be. See this --> FC/CYA Chart

Why not just turn your pump off? You don't need to run it so long daily....save the electricity Or just turn the SWG off when your level is higher than you want.

Are you covering the pool in any way?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    What is your CYA level? The CYA level determines how high your FC should be. See this --> FC/CYA Chart

Why not just turn your pump off? You don't need to run it so long daily....save the electricity Or just turn the SWG off when your level is higher than you want.

Are you covering the pool in any way?
    I cover the pool at night with a solar blanket and I also have a heater, it get cold at night 50 usually, so I need a both the solar blanket and the heater
    -pool 12X24, 11000 gallons, -1-1/2" plumbing, with 2 return, 1 skimer and 1 pool drain, -the pump is 25 feet away from the pool, -Pentair strarite supermax vs, -55000 BTU heat pump, -Hayward sand filter, -jacuzzi saniclear 20 SWG, -No elevation for the pool equipment, sit on level ground

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by shingo View Post
    I cover the pool at night with a solar blanket and I also have a heater, it get cold at night 50 usually, so I need a both the solar blanket and the heater
    Ok, well that is understandable. I guess I should have specified a cover such as an autocover that is closed during the day too?

What is your CYA level?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain