My SLAM Process Taylor K-2006 Need Help :)

I have been slamming my pool since last Friday, July 1st and it is still very cloudy. My readings as of now are:

FC 21.5 9:45 am (Added 64 oz. of 10 % chlorine)
CC 1
CYA 60
PH 7.4 (when I stated the process on 7/1/15

Should I just keep doing what I'm doing? Should it have cleared up by now? It did have a greenish tint to it and now it looks blue, but cloudy. I did read an old thread and now the past couple days I've been testing every 2 hours.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Have you cleaned the filter? Have you brushed the pool? You should be replenishing the chlorine but at this point in the SLAM, you don't need to check more than two-three times daily. Keep SLAMming

Keep on Slamming. Patience! Cleaning that filter?

Welcome.

Yes, I have been cleaning every two or three days, but I'm thinking during the slam maybe should do it daily?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you cleaned the filter? Have you brushed the pool? You should be replenishing the chlorine but at this point in the SLAM, you don't need to check more than two-three times daily. Keep SLAMming

Yes, I'm cleaning the filter, running my vacuum & brushing the sides. Should I brush if I'm vacuuming?

If your FC is still under 24 then yes you can swim. If it goes over 24, we recommend not swimming. I would not use Floc or any other pool store product at this time. Probably best to rinse-off that filter everyday to keep-up with the dead algae getting trapped. Hang in there!

I am now on day 13 of my Slam and the pool is still very cloudy and hasn't really seemed to clear up a little each day. I thought my CYA level was 60, but decided to recheck it today and it seems more like its between 70-80. So, I've trying to hold my FC at 31 now. Hoping that I will see some improvements in the clarity. I will go out and test again shortly and post the results. I will also post some pictures. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm beginning to feel like this is never going to clear up!

Testing every two hours is productive at the beginning of the SLAM....it is a waste of time at the point you are now. 3 times daily will work just fine.

Second, it is difficult at this point but you must be patient. That you have gone this long tells me that you have let the chlorine slip from time to time. Keep the faith. This really works. Reread the SLAM article to make sure you have covered all the bases.

Posting a couple of pics will be helpful.

I suppose it's possible that you did kill off everything but your filter is not up to task. You could drop down to 10 or 12 FC and do an overnight loss test, but if you are still battling algae, dropping under your SLAM level may set you back even more.

also, have you taken out all steps, thermometers, robots, rakes, etc, kept off all covers, removed your lights from the niche, etc? Algae lurks is all those places.

In the very beginning I wasn't doing every 2 hours, but more like 3-4 hours. But have been pretty consistent for the most part. I've been putting in the recommended amounts to get it to 31, but test a half our later & it hasn't been at 31. I dumped in a bunch extra and finally got it to 32 a couple hours later it was already down to 27, but it is very sunny/hot today so maybe that's why. Is there any way to post pictures from a phone or tablet? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do it, if possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Testing every two hours is productive at the beginning of the SLAM....it is a waste of time at the point you are now. 3 times daily will work just fine.

Second, it is difficult at this point but you must be patient. That you have gone this long tells me that you have let the chlorine slip from time to time. Keep the faith. This really works. Reread the SLAM article to make sure you have covered all the bases.

I suppose it's possible that you did kill off everything but your filter is not up to task. You could drop down to 10 or 12 FC and do an overnight loss test, but if you are still battling algae, dropping under your SLAM level may set you back even more.

also, have you taken out all steps, thermometers, robots, rakes, etc, kept off all covers, removed your lights from the niche, etc? Algae lurks is all those places.

The water is blue, don't see any signs of algae. We've taken out the steps & everything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Try one of these:
Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

Posting Photo's Tutorial
How to add pictures to a post (full guide with screenshots))

Here are some pics.
imagejpeg

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Pool 2016 Photo by rwallace21393Photos4all8 | Photobucket

- - - Updated - - -

s345.photobucket.com/user/rwallace21393Photos4all8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpss2xylkxg.jpeg.html]
image_zpss2xylkxg.jpeg
[/URL]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

While our filter housings are not the same, we do appear to use the same single cartridge. It will eventually do the trick for you, but be sure to keep the FC where it needs to be. Eventually the dead algae, which in my case looked like a lot of gray dirt, will flush away and slow down to make the filtering much easier on your system. The key is that FC level.

While our filter housings are not the same, we do appear to use the same single cartridge. It will eventually do the trick for you, but be sure to keep the FC where it needs to be. Eventually the dead algae, which in my case looked like a lot of gray dirt, will flush away and slow down to make the filtering much easier on your system. The key is that FC level.

Yea, I've had a really hard time keeping it at 31 today. I just went out at 8:00 and it was 28.5. I added 2 quarts and will go out here soon to see if it's at 31 for the night.

Checked my FC this morning at 6:30, it was 28, added about 2 1/2 quarts.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's okay to check 3 times a day even if it's not staying at shock level? Yesterday it seemed to drop below shock level pretty quick.

Sure. The more you can check and adjust the better. Just keep an eye on your reagents to ensure you don't run-out halfway through the SLAM. That would stink. :brickwall:

Yes, I've had to order more of 0871 twice now. This last time I ordered a 16 oz. bottle. My FC was 32 at 8:30 last night and this morning when I tested it it was still at 32! How often do you buy a new filter?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.