Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electrical wiring to relay for extra outlet

1. Back To Top    #1

Electrical wiring to relay for extra outlet

I am installing an outlet in my Pentair EasyTouch box. I already have a GFCI protected plug on the outside and I want to use that to make a downstream plug inside the box that is connected to a relay. At the moment, there is a light attached to the GFCI.

Would this his setup be to code or have any issues? I plan on installing a stenner pump plugged into it, poking the cord down thru one of the holes in the box and setting up the pump outside. All of my pool equipment is outside.

Ive attached an image of my current setup and another one of my proposed setup. The goal is to piggy back off the current plug to make sure it is also protected- particularly because the pump will be outside. For the record, I did run this by the helpful folks in the stenner forum- but this is really more of an electrical issue and would love a second set of eyes.

Thanks in advance... I accept any tips!

Attachment 51829

Attachment 51828
    20k IG Irish Mist Pebble Sheen, Pentair IntelliFlo, Easy Touch, Clean and Clear 520, Solar Heating. Use Taylor K2006.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Electrical wiring to relay for extra outlet

With all that open breaker space why not just install a 15A or 20A GFCI breaker and keep it simple?

Someone will be able to verify your proposed downstream wiring though.
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Not a terrible idea but preference is to go w what I have. Electrical isn't my strong suit.
    20k IG Irish Mist Pebble Sheen, Pentair IntelliFlo, Easy Touch, Clean and Clear 520, Solar Heating. Use Taylor K2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoreSun View Post
    With all that open breaker space why not just install a 15A or 20A GFCI breaker and keep it simple?

Someone will be able to verify your proposed downstream wiring though.
    ok. You're right. Time to add a breaker! That is indeed the cleanest route. Not sure if I'll do a GFCI outlet or GFCI breaker. But definitely adding a breaker