Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reading when spa over 100 degrees - Aquapure 1400

1. Back To Top    #1

Reading when spa over 100 degrees - Aquapure 1400

My system tends to start showing a fault when the spa temperature is over 100 degrees (based on spa water reading). The Aquapure 1400 tends to think the water is about 5 degrees hotter than it actually is, which may be part of the problem. As soon as water temperate gets back to mid 90's the fault goes away and Aquapure functions fine.

Is there any solution to this?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Reading when spa over 100 degrees - Aquapure 1400

Can the temp sensor in the Aquapure 1400 be calibrated?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Trying this again. My AquaPure 1400 is out of calibration for TEMPERATURE only. Its reading is about 5 degrees too high at all times. I have twice replaced the sensor but it does not affect this issue. Is there a way to address. My AquaPure consistently ready "fault" when the SPA is at 104 degrees because it thinks SPA is 109 degrees. Error goes away once SPA cools to 96 degrees or so,

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Temp sensor cannot be calibrated.

How often and for how long are you heating at 104?
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

5. Back To Top    #5

Frequently heat to 104 - whenever we use the spa. Maybe 3 days/week on average for 3 months. Usually gets heated for 4 hour intervals.

6. Back To Top    #6

My suggestion is to turn the SWG to 0% when you use the spa. The spa is a very small body of water and the SWG can over chlorinate it very quickly.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

I wish it were that easy. Turning off SWG requires a lot of button pressing on the Jandy panel. My wife is not going to do that. And there is no way to set a timer for the SWG that I know of.