Pump question

tffool

Sep 4, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Hi,
Yesterday when replacing water in the pool I forgot to close the skimmer:-( the pump ran empty for a while and couldn't prime any more. Just got an almost new one from Craigslist. Installed and started the pump. The pump died right after I plugged to the outlet. Turns out it's wiring to 115v :-(. There was no smell. Is there anything I can do to save the pump? Do you know if Hayward Super Pumps have some kind of internal fuse? Two pumps in two days :-( How come I can be that stupid :-(
Thank you

Not enough information to comment.

Are you using 120 V or 240V for your pool pump ? What was it wired for when you tried it ? I'd verify that you wired it correctly before writing it off.

You might be able to just replace the motor on the new pump (if that is what died) with a replacement - most sites ship dual voltage motors wired to run on 240V - Be careful of what you're connecting it up to.

Not enough information to comment.

Are you using 120 V or 240V for your pool pump ? What was it wired for when you tried it ? I'd verify that you wired it correctly before writing it off.

You might be able to just replace the motor on the new pump (if that is what died) with a replacement - most sites ship dual voltage motors wired to run on 240V - Be careful of what you're connecting it up to.
Thanks. I'm using 240V (it's the old pump's setting). I did not smell anything after, is there any chance the thermal overload protector tripped and protect the pump? Here is the wiring, which looks like 120v setting.

UgiLtx2.jpg

QUMf5tm.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.