Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it ok for sprinlkers to hit pool walls?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it ok for sprinlkers to hit pool walls?

I have a sprinkler system in my yard that was there before I bought it. When I had my pool installed I had to move a sprinkler head/line and lost a few heads along the process. I have replaced those with ones that are easily adjustable and pointed them away from my pool. However, some of the remaining sprinklers are being directed towards my pool walls.

My question is, is this bad for my steel pool walls? I would think it's not ideal but should I go through the trouble of reaiming/replacing the heads so that they dont hit the walls? Or 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week wont do too much damage?

The sprinkler heads in question are a K-Rain type (not sure model) and I cant figure out how to adjust them properly.
    14.5K Gal AGP, Waterway Hi-Flo II 2 speed pump, Cartridge Filter 150 Sq Ft
    Install 07/16, Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Sacramento, CA

Re: Is it ok for sprinlkers to hit pool walls?

Yes you should re direct the heads. Putting water on the walls everyday will eventually cause a problem.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    Miami, FL

Re: Is it ok for sprinlkers to hit pool walls?

Do you use a well? I think it will cause stains...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart