Northwest Indiana new guy

Greetings friends,
I found this forum as my wife and I have possibly, considered, to maybe think about, weighing the pro's and con's of getting a pool. LoL.
In all seriousness, we are 90% committed to getting an 27-30' AG, but not for a little while. Like maybe getting it installed summer of 17, maybe even 18. Never too early to start the education though right?
Some back story.....my wife grew up with an AG and believed them to be a HUGE time and money commitment. We bought our current home in 2006 and it had a 24' AG. It was OLD, kinda wore out and after 2 seasons of it, we had it taken down.
Now two boys later, 9 and 4,we decided, "Let's do it!... Let's get a pool". We are a very outdoor oriented family and know we'll use it.
We are waiting as long as we are to get it because:
A. Summer of 16 is half over and our 16 budget is already earmarked for vacations and other house projects.
B. Some of the 16 house projects are $$$. Not wanting to stretch ourselves too thin, we'll prob wait to recover financially and purchase in the off-season of late 2017 and have it installed spring of 18.

Sooooo, I came here to learn, ask some questions and receive some good honest feedback. Thanks for accepting me, and I appreciate you walking the path ahead of me.

Best,
Rolo