Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 25mm vs 10mm FC test

1. Back To Top    #1

25mm vs 10mm FC test

Taylor kit - any difference in accuracy?
    17x33 Splash Alpha Pool, Pentair Tagelus TA60D sand filter, Pentair 1.5HP Dynamo Pump. Pool ladder, towel hooks, ice chest full of beer, green swim trunks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 25mm vs 10mm FC test

25mL sample size = 0.2ppm FC per drop of titrant

10mL sample size = 0.5ppm / drop

I typically use a 25mL sample size because I like the finer granularity of the test.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah I know the difference in drop scale, just wondering if it works out to be the same accuracy.
    17x33 Splash Alpha Pool, Pentair Tagelus TA60D sand filter, Pentair 1.5HP Dynamo Pump. Pool ladder, towel hooks, ice chest full of beer, green swim trunks.

4. Back To Top    #4

If your talking about testing tolerance, then this is the official tolerance for all drop based titration tests -

When your drop count is ten (10) or less, the tolerance is +/- 1 drop. Anything over ten drops is +/- 10% if the final value in ppm.

That is the case for 10mL or 25mL sample sizes. Your "resolution" is technically 1 drop. But, because drop volumes can vary with squeeze pressure and people can get sloppy, the more drops you add tends to cause a greater accumulation of errors. Therefore the tests resolution (how many drops you count) is not the same as the testing tolerance.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates