My Upstate NY Swimming Pool

Thank You, wjaneala. This is my 3rd year with this pool. I have inherited it when we bought the house. I am so glad I could TFP. This year I went on vacation and had to wait till mid-June to open it. But thanks to TFP, I was able to go from black to this. Now it's crystal clear. I really appreciate everything that people are doing on this forum.

I grew up on LI. I do miss the "green" and the evening full of fireflies back east. That's a beautiful backyard and pool. What's the plan for that concrete pad with the table and chairs, pergola? Screened room? Outdoor theatre?

JoyfulNoise, the big concrete pad must have been used as a basketball court at one point in time. It's about 350 square feet. That is what the previous owner said. It's about 14 years old, and it was disgustingly gray/black overran with mold. I power washed it twice, stained it with concrete stain, and filled the expansion joints w/ polyurethane like it should have been done years ago. I did a similar thing to the pool deck. I had to fix lots of pavers and edging. Stained one side of the fence, and also had to put in a brand new fence on the side next to pool due to land settling. I do like the outdoor theatre idea. I will keep that in mind.

I thought it looked like a basketball court. Sounds like you had quite a fixer-upper there. Looks great!!

Welcome :wave:

(But you've been here a while ;) )

Yes indeed. I have been here for 3 pool seasons now. But my back yard was not show ready lol. Leaning gray fence on left side. Edging sticking out. Concrete discolored. Gravel missing. Weeds everywhere and very thin grass. It was a long road. I do like the pool though. It's really fun when the days get hot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.