Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spike in SWG Readout

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Spike in SWG Readout

I have an IntelliChlor SWG for my in-ground spa. Today I noticed that the readout on the EasyTouch 4 control panel spiked from 3,200 ppm yesterday to 3,950 ppm today. For the past month the readout indicated a salt level between 3,000 - 3,400 ppm consistently. The IntelliChlor was installed about 3 months ago so I am assuming that deposit build-up on the core is likely not an issue. Is it recommended that I pull the core & clean it? Any other thoughts to explain the spike in the salt level? Thank you.
    Kit
    14' X 11' rectangular in-ground spa; 2,360 gals; plaster/gunite; SWCG (Pentair IntelliChlor); Pentair Intelliflo varaible-speed pump; EasyTouch4 control system; cartridge filters; auto cover

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Spike in SWG Readout

Did the water temperature change? Salinity readings will fluctuate based on water temperature.

Have you added acid recently? One gallon of full strength acid will increase the salt reading by 250ppm in your pool.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

Possibly test or sensor error. Your other thread shows falling salt levels. Your prior salt test showed a salt level of 4,000. What are you getting with your Taylor kit?

It would help if you keep the posts about the same subject in the same thread.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    Did the water temperature change? Salinity readings will fluctuate based on water temperature.

Have you added acid recently? One gallon of full strength acid will increase the salt reading by 250ppm in your pool.
    No change in water temperature. The most recent addition of acid would have been about 4 days ago when I added about 4 oz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Possibly test or sensor error. Your other thread shows falling salt levels. Your prior salt test showed a salt level of 4,000. What are you getting with your Taylor kit?

It would help if you keep the posts about the same subject in the same thread.
    My apologies. I will keep these posts in my original thread. I might be being too reactive. I'll monitor the salt level with both the SWG readout & the Taylor kit for another week & then report back (in my original post).

Kit
    Kit
    14' X 11' rectangular in-ground spa; 2,360 gals; plaster/gunite; SWCG (Pentair IntelliChlor); Pentair Intelliflo varaible-speed pump; EasyTouch4 control system; cartridge filters; auto cover