Spike in SWG Readout

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
I have an IntelliChlor SWG for my in-ground spa. Today I noticed that the readout on the EasyTouch 4 control panel spiked from 3,200 ppm yesterday to 3,950 ppm today. For the past month the readout indicated a salt level between 3,000 - 3,400 ppm consistently. The IntelliChlor was installed about 3 months ago so I am assuming that deposit build-up on the core is likely not an issue. Is it recommended that I pull the core & clean it? Any other thoughts to explain the spike in the salt level? Thank you.

Possibly test or sensor error. Your other thread shows falling salt levels. Your prior salt test showed a salt level of 4,000. What are you getting with your Taylor kit?

It would help if you keep the posts about the same subject in the same thread.

Did the water temperature change? Salinity readings will fluctuate based on water temperature.

Have you added acid recently? One gallon of full strength acid will increase the salt reading by 250ppm in your pool.

No change in water temperature. The most recent addition of acid would have been about 4 days ago when I added about 4 oz.

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly test or sensor error. Your other thread shows falling salt levels. Your prior salt test showed a salt level of 4,000. What are you getting with your Taylor kit?

It would help if you keep the posts about the same subject in the same thread.

My apologies. I will keep these posts in my original thread. I might be being too reactive. I'll monitor the salt level with both the SWG readout & the Taylor kit for another week & then report back (in my original post).

Kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.