Reducing Suction on Vacuum head.

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Since installing new pump.Suction is to much when cleaning.Just suck's head to the floor and hard to pull & push.Low speed is not enough so is there any other suggestions to cut the suction back?I did turn my skimmer valve back a little and tried.Not much help.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Since installing new pump.Suction is to much when cleaning.Just suck's head to the floor and hard to pull & push.Low speed is not enough so is there any other suggestions to cut the suction back?I did turn my skimmer valve back a little and tried.Not much help.

Are you closing any suction valves that the vacuum is not connected to?

Do you have a shut off valve on the pressure side of the pump? Throttle flow down a bit using that valve.

I'm at a loss.

My only thought would be an older vacuum head with bristles worn down? (Mine is). my cheap vacuum head for a vinyl lined pool has a rubber gasket like thing on the outside of the triangle head and sometimes that rubber part slips off a little (despite my efforts of gluing it back in place) onto the bristles which causes the vacuum head to have more suction to the floor that the bristles normally prevent.

I'm at a loss.

My only thought would be an older vacuum head with bristles worn down? (Mine is). my cheap vacuum head for a vinyl lined pool has a rubber gasket like thing on the outside of the triangle head and sometimes that rubber part slips off a little (despite my efforts of gluing it back in place) onto the bristles which causes the vacuum head to have more suction to the floor that the bristles normally prevent.
Head is fine.Not the problem.Just to much suction.I always take my hand and check for suction before vacuuming.Today it got my hand and I didn't think I was going to come loose.Was in the water &by myself.Scary!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.