Reducing number of adapters

Jul 9, 2016
Trenton, GA
I have a 18' x 48' Coleman pool which has two suctions and one discharge. We ordered a Hayward skimmer kit which came with a directional discharge eyeball, so we want to use that, and then we have an Intex sand filter.

I made up a diagram of the connections. Those outlined in red are stuff I need to buy that didn't come with the pool, the skimmer, or the sand filter.

We'd like a shutoff valve on the discharge and then another shutoff valve to close off the combined suctions from the three intakes (skimmer, intake A, intake B).

Looking at the diagram, there is a lot of adapting and re-adapting, and I'd like to use less fittings to get the cost (and leakage chance) down.

1) Does anyone see any fittings I can omit or change out?
2) Does Intex make a 40mm connection ball valve?
3) Anybody know if you order those 40mm/1.5" adapters from Amazon or intheswim, does it come with two adapters or one?
4) If anyone has a good supply resource for any of the stuff I need to buy, please let me know.
5) Anyone know what that grey connector (in the Spare Parts box) is used for?

Pool.jpg

I appreciate your help with this puzzle.
Regards,
leaning

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Looks very complete and you certainly used a great way to communicate!

I would want to be able to control between the existing suctions and the skimmer by using a 3-way pool valve and re-plumb the suction side in hard pipe. Then you could pull all the water from skimmer when needed.

I'd probably do the return side as well with hard pipe and a pool valve.

Looks like everything will work either way!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.