I have a 18' x 48' Coleman pool which has two suctions and one discharge. We ordered a Hayward skimmer kit which came with a directional discharge eyeball, so we want to use that, and then we have an Intex sand filter.
I made up a diagram of the connections. Those outlined in red are stuff I need to buy that didn't come with the pool, the skimmer, or the sand filter.
We'd like a shutoff valve on the discharge and then another shutoff valve to close off the combined suctions from the three intakes (skimmer, intake A, intake B).
Looking at the diagram, there is a lot of adapting and re-adapting, and I'd like to use less fittings to get the cost (and leakage chance) down.
1) Does anyone see any fittings I can omit or change out?
2) Does Intex make a 40mm connection ball valve?
3) Anybody know if you order those 40mm/1.5" adapters from Amazon or intheswim, does it come with two adapters or one?
4) If anyone has a good supply resource for any of the stuff I need to buy, please let me know.
5) Anyone know what that grey connector (in the Spare Parts box) is used for?
I appreciate your help with this puzzle.