Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentagram Intelliflo pump not working

1. Back To Top    #1

Bradenton FL

Pentagram Intelliflo pump not working

May have had a lightening strike and now pump won't work. It has green light but LCD screen is blank. We had a storm which tripped the breaker and now we can't get it to start up. Warranty ran out 5 months ago.
    We have a rectangle in ground pool with spa and waterfall that is three and a half years old. Home was built with new pool in Bradenton Florida. It has a Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump with East Touch 4 pool and spa control system. I believe it is a concrete pool with a cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Pentagram Intelliflo pump not working

Welcome to TFP

Do you have a surge protector on the pump line or the whole house one, like this Eaton 109420 Ultra Surge Protection 3Rd Edition: Electronics

the VS pumps do not like lightning, brownouts, backfieds.. it is a computer on a pump and will die if not protected.. There is nothing in the manual about no display

You can replace the computer (at 6 to 700) that runs the pump and sometimes that will fix it but most of the time its cheaper to buy a whole new pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3050 VS + SVRS Parts -

so 100 more you can get a brand new one.. : Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed High Performance Pool Pump, 3 Horsepower, 230 Volt, 1 Phase - Energy Star Certified : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

I am sorry, I know this is not the info you were looking for.. could you take the pump in and have someone look at it.. there is one person here that has changed out the computer...

I hope this helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Pentagram Intelliflo pump not working

The Intelliflo 011018 or 011055 models are preferred over the SVRS models. That is a vacuum release made to retrofit into older single main drain pools for safety and people report getting false errors on the suction. If you have a single drain cover it is better to change the drain cover to a safety cover and use a standard pump.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach