Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PH test bright red?? high or low?

1. Back To Top    #1

South Shore - Massachusetts

PH test bright red?? high or low?

Hi Folks
    My ph test has been showing a clearish red for a while now, unlike any color on the test tube. I added about 12 liq oz of 20/31% muriatic acid 2 days ago, today with a FC reading of 8, CYA about 60, ph test shows bright red, can you tell me if this is high or low ph, again nothing on comparable test tube matching this color.
    "Keyhole" 20 X 40, approx. 24,000 gals., Salt Water, vinyl liner, Goldline T-Cell 15 SWG, Aqua Plus Controls, Hayward 1 1/2 hp Super Pump, Hayward Gas Heater, Hayward 4 Cartridge Filter, Solid Safety Cover with Center mesh panels, AquaBot Remote Control Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Re: PH test bright red?? high or low?

It depends on your test kit, but think of it this way. If your colors get more red as the number goes up, then you are over the top number. What we recommend is that you pretend you are at the top number, put that into Pool Math and add MA as directed. Test in 1/2 an hour and continue to adjust until you get to the pH you are targeting.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C