Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner leak between layers

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner leak between layers

Ok, need some advice. After completing a rather lengthy SLAM to bring pool back to sparkly brilliance, we discovered a small leak. It was discovered after a long vacuum session, standing water between a couple of legs. Feeling completely defeated. Was ready to throw in the towel. While waiting for chlorine to burn off the past couple of days, we did little maintenance other than chemicals & the standing water dried up. Gone! No more leak! This morning we tested chlorine level & it is ready for swimming!! Hooray, happy family😄🐠🐬! Vacuum pool & water appears in the same spot! What the heck!!! We have two intake valves and 1 return. It seems the leak is coming from between the layers on the valve we close to vacuum. Tried a little food color in the area but no visible "pull" on either valve. Does anyone have experience with anything similar to this? We have Andersen flexible sealer but I have no idea where to consider applying it. It feels like when the valve is sealed with the little black cap, the leak occurs. Logic tells me to not seal that valve but would also like to solve the problem.
    Heather Vondra
    14x42 Intex Ultra Frame, above ground, Intex filtration, Krystal Clear Sand Filter 2800 GPH & Saltwater System CG-28667

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Liner leak between layers

Could you post a picture? Most of the time I would recommend replacing the valve but I am not sure what you are seeing
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Outlets2.jpg

The one on the right causes the issue when plugged. We vacuumed yesterday plugging the left and using the right as suction for the vacuum, no issues or leaks what so ever! Strange. If this works through the season I will deal with it once we can drain below and go from there.
    Heather Vondra
    14x42 Intex Ultra Frame, above ground, Intex filtration, Krystal Clear Sand Filter 2800 GPH & Saltwater System CG-28667

4. Back To Top    #4

if it only leaks when plugged, I would use the right for suction to vacuum and deal with it at the end of the season.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer