Pool Finish Material

My contractor quoted white plaster pool finish with a few ounces of black added to make the water color bluer. I was fine with this but the more research I do the more uncertain I am that the finish will be what I'm expecting. What is your opinion on plaster vs. quartz and other finishes (color, longevity)? The dig starts in a couple of days! :pale:

Welcome to TFP!

You've just entered the hardest decision of the pool building process for most people.

There are probably thousands of posts on the topic of one type versus another. In addition to seeing how folks respond, I suggest you search various phrases like plaster vs Quartz, etc. on this site. There is also an article in Pool School discussing finish selection.
I'll share that a regular plaster pool that has colorant added is likely to have mottling and streaking, especially the darker you go. Not necessarily a bad thing but something to be aware of. Much less so for Quartz. Pebble finishes tend to be quite consistent on color so long as the installer is good.

We did the gray plaster. Love it. White plaster is not very appealing to us. I'm not sure how they did they gray plaster. But I think they added black to it. It was the same price as white. We just didn't feel that pebble finish was worth the extra expense when we could get the color we wanted for no additional cost.

Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.