Japanese Maple

Sep 16, 2014
North DFW
Hello,
We live in north Dallas area. I found some green Japanese Maple saplings dirt cheap. Naturally, I couldn't resit buying some. Before I place them in the ground and potentially kill them, has anybody had any success growing them in about 80% sun? I have some other locations with more shade, but would really like them behind my pool.

Thanks!

Your climate is not conducive to Japanese Maples. They will die unless you figure out a way for them to get filtered sun. Even then, they might not survive. In full sun in your climate, a Japanese Maple will get leaf burn and eventually expire.

Thanks for the responses. I've pretty much abandoned the idea of placing them behind the pool, as there is hardly any shade. :( I have a bloodgood in the front of my house that is thriving. So I'll have to work out somewhere in the front that gets shade for the new green maples.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.