I stumbled upon your forum during a late night search for pool information and liked all the photo updates etc. so much that I decided to partake in the fun and create my own thread for our project!
Our dig begins next TUESDAY 7/12! We had planned the pool design years ago and have known pretty well what we wanted in our backyard. After several years of other things going on, light naggings from the HOA *ugh* about our unfinished backyard, and cement work throughout the entire property except for the backyard, it is finally time! We had a design drawn out by hand and the pool company we eventually went with took it and turned it into a 3D render... and while we think they spent less than 5 minutes doing it and ignoring a lot of the things we've said, I took their drawing and altered it quite a bit in Adobe Illustrator to represent what we're looking for (design wise).
- From the backdoor is a balcony covered rectangle and from there will be a step down to pool level (0).
- The pool is half peanut shaped with a back wall ~2ft high. (Pool- 15x31', Spa- 7x9')
- On the east side (left) there are 6 steps up to a raised patio (+36) and the spa will be one raised step (a ring of sorts) above that (+42).
- On the back side of the spa is a 'jumping rock' into the deep end of the pool. We wanted a slide, but were told not to for various reasons so it became a rocky ledge...
- On the opposite end of the pool from the spa are two steps down (-12) and that side of the pool will be a 12" wall from the eventual cement patio.
- In the pool are the 3 steps down with the second step leading to a baja reef that is large enough for 2-3 people to lay out on with their backs to the coping. In the deep end is a seat (also an exit point), and in the middle is a swim out bench that will have two 12" waterfalls pouring onto it (one on each side). Last but not least, the spa will pour into the pool.
- Last but not least the equipment is on the west wall and will eventually be enclosed. The PB stated it couldn't be against a perimeter wall but we own the next ~6ft on the other side all the way to the sidewalk and it's not an issue.
SO, here's an image to look at, and I'll get some photos of the dirt before they start digging on Tuesday. We've sketched out the pool in the yard ourselves to visualize and already have several materials in mind so I'll show you those as well.