Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High alkalinity issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Corning, NY

High alkalinity issue

Hi I am new to the forum and owning a pool. I have been having a high alkalinity problem, but my PH is a steady 7.5, CYA is 0, hardness 340, and FC was 0 . I have added a gallon of MA to get the TA from 220 down to 170. Waited a week and now added another gallon. What should be my target TA.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: High alkalinity issue

Welcome to TFP!

If your PH is steady then there is no reason to lower your TA. Just enjoy that stable PH!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern IL

How are you testing and how does your water look?
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Pooldv has given you good advice.

I know you didn't ask but 0 FC and 0 CYA is flirting with disaster in your pool. Far more important than the TA is to get some chlorine in your pool and CYA to protect the chlorine.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School