Hayward AquaLogic PS-8 Board replaced - No T-9 setting?

mde4me

Jun 30, 2012
Hi All,

I just replaced my 5 year old PCB in the Aqualogic PS-8 (Part # Hayward GLX-PCB-MAIN) to fix the dreaded "No Cell Power" Check System issue. All is working well, but when re-programming the board, there is no selection for a T-9 TurboCell - it only has a T-5 or T-15 option. Has anyone heard of this? Is this a defect or should I use the T-15 setting? This does not seem right and I don't want to mess up my chlorination now that I have it working again.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

The AquaLogic can only use a T-5 or a T-15.

The AquaLogic uses part number GLX-PCB-MAIN.

The ProLogic (with software revision 4.10) can use a 3,5,9 or 15.

The Pro Logic Main Circuit Board part number is GLX-PCB-PRO

What is the model number of your automation (Inside front door near serial number)? Is it PL-PS-8?

I suspect that you have a ProLogic automation box and had a GLX-PCB-PRO circuit board but replaced it with a GLX-PCB-MAIN.

Does the new circuit board look exactly like the old board?

Thanks for the reply James. You are absolutely right - It is a ProLogic system - curses to the Amazon Part checker! No, the board does not look the same, but the literature from Hayward said they had modified it so I thought it was an upgrade. I will order the GLX-PCB-PRO. Until I get the correct board, can I run the system with a T-5 or T-15 setting or should I put the old board back in?

As an fyi- there is a guy in northern california who fixes pool boards (jandy, hayward, etc) for $150 flat rate. From the info on his site, he worked for jandy designing automation systems. I send my non functioning jany iaqualink board to him and it will arrive back to my house today. Will let you know how it goes but might be worth going this way as a cheaper alternative. He give a 90 day warranty on his work.

link:

http://www.bpelectronics.com/

Thanks Rossterman - I think I will send my fried board to him to have as a spare - I already ordered the GLX-PCB-PRO. Appreciate the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Appreciate the info James. Will do. GLX-PCB-PRO ordered and will be here soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.