Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New DIY In Ground in MN

1. Back To Top    #1

Rochester, MN

New DIY In Ground in MN

Hello All,

After lurking on here and getting great responses from so many, we are excited to be getting started on our in ground pool build here in MN. We are in the very beginning, and I hope to keep this thread going throughout the build. The details of the pool are in my signature. We have not yet ordered equipment and would appreciate any thoughts, opinions or experiences. We are also new to all things pool and this is our first build, so please keep the feedback coming. Wish us well. If anyone know how to keep the images from rotating, I can't figure that out. Sorry.

Day 1 West.jpg

Day 1 Facing East.jpg
    36x18 sport pool with a 4'x6'x4' depth profile. Steel sidewalls and a vinyl liner. Heater: Hayward H350FDN, 350,000 BTU--Filter: Hayward C4030 425sq ft cartridge filter--SWG: Aquaplus PLPlus 4 (Turbo generator and a Prologic controller)--Pump: Hayward Ecostar 1.5hp VS or the Hayward Tristar VS sp3202 (Still undecided)--Automatic safety cover--1 Hayward Colorlogic light in the deep end.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: New DIY In Ground in MN

Congratulations!! Looking forward to watching your build
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New DIY In Ground in MN

I did my own 18x36, 650 yards of dirt and 1 yr 3 months later it's complete. The saving's is unreal. Anything is possible with youtube and books!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Southern New Hampshire, 18x36 single roman end pool.