Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cracked Elbow

1. Back To Top    #1

Cracked Elbow

Hi
    I broke off one of the elbows on the chlorine feeder. I went up to the local hardware and found a couple elbows in the sprinkler section, brought it back and installed them. I replaced both elbows while I was at it. Fast forward a couple of weeks and now one is cracked and the other is leaking, probably cracked too. I'm assuming that it's the material they were made of. Any suggestions?IMG_0026.JPG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cracked Elbow

You can probably order the parts from INYO Pools or Sunplay.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I ended up finding a 1/2 " threaded pvc elbow and just running a pipeIMG_0034.JPG

4. Back To Top    #4

The irrigation fittings you found were probably Polyethylene or Polybutylene and neither are very resistant to high chlorine or low pH, and that tablet feeder sees both.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit