We just bought an above ground 14x42 vinyl lined pool. Problems from the start unfortunately.. but we ave been able to work it all out so far. I just tested the water with strips because there is a light green tint to the water. The strips read low on total hardness, total chlorine, free chlorine, ph, total alkalinity, and stabilizer. How do I fix this? any help will be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

You're right at the borderline, in terms of pool size, between using a test kit and killing off the algae, or draining and refilling.

I'd recommend the methods outlined here: Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

This involves draining, refilling and accurate chemical additions. You will need a slightly better source of testing with a test kit that costs around $25. Your pool will be sparkly clean and will need less maintenance through the rest of the season.

As you're deciding, put 2 cups of 8.25% bleach in it mid-morning and again in the evening to keep the algae from getting out of hand. Use plain cheap unscented (not splashless) bleach that has the concentration listed on the jug.

If you decide to go this route, we'll be happy to answer questions as you work through it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.