SWG issue

Jun 26, 2016
Hattiesburg MS
i just bought the TF-100 and i'm still learning to use this. however according to it my chlorine is very low. i have plenty of salt, and my SWG does not seem to be generating any chlorine. I have the Breeze SWG.

also how do i test for salt content? before i got the kit i did go to the pool store and they tested my salt content and said it was good.

Testing salt: this is the one thing that test strips are usually OK for. They'll read at about +/- 400 ppm salt. Or you can order a Taylor K-1766 which most of us prefer for easier reading and accuracy about +/- 200 ppm. It will last for several years, because there's no reason to test very often.

Get your FC to the desired level with plain unscented (not splashless) 8.25% bleach. Then see if your SWG can maintain it. SWG is a slow, steady way to chlorinate, but not good at raising the level.

If that doesn't work, your chlorinator may need cleaning or cell replacement, but try the other things first. I don't know your model. Does it have any warning lights such as "low salt" or "clean cell"?

Salt should be close if you went by gallons/pounds

What is your CYA level? Should be about 70 - 80 ppm as per pool school. If low adjust up slowly.

SWG's are wunnerful machines but need the buffer to FC that CYA gives, they can produce a gallon of 12% bleach or more per day, just not all at once so the CYA stores it for late use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.