Algae? Or rust? Or just high cya?

My FC is 4 my Cc is 0. My cya is around 40 perhaps a little higher ?? I waited a week to test and it was still low so added more and think it's a little high. But my water looks completely clear but when you walk or vacuum there is a little cloud of something that films the bottom.

When I vacuum which is about every 5 days (seems too need it too often?) I jave to vacuum to waste or else it just puts the dirty back in through the output. So then I need to add water sooner and we have high rust in our well water.

My questions would be
1 how often is usual for vacuuming? I don't have debris just that cloudy algae ish looking stuff but water is crystal clear

2 is there some way I can vacuum through the filter and not always to waste ?

3 do I need to take out some water to lower cya ?

4 does it sound like I need to slam even tho I have no CC and don't see algae sticking to sides or anything ?

1. When did you last backwash?

2. What is the psi in your filter when the sand is clean? then, when it is dirty?

3. Have you ever deep--cleaned the sand?

My questions would be
1 how often is usual for vacuuming? I don't have debris just that cloudy algae ish looking stuff but water is crystal clear 1a. Vacuum as needed. every other day is not uncommon. Your pool can be crystral clear....your need not ever be cloudy

2 is there some way I can vacuum through the filter and not always to waste ? 2a. Of course, you have a multiport valve, correct?

3 do I need to take out some water to lower cya ? 3a. Yes, but a CYA of 40 is close to perfect - You have no reason to lower it.

4 does it sound like I need to slam even tho I have no CC and don't see algae sticking to sides or anything ? 4a. Yeah, you might need to SLAM but I am not sure. Can you provide a pic of what your water looks like?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.