Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquapure plc1400 - cell and/or tri-sensor

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, Tx

Aquapure plc1400 - cell and/or tri-sensor

Howdy, fellas.

I recently started beeping and receiving 170 error code on my Aquapure SWG. I had my usual pool guy checked, when he unplugged sensor chip from the board, error code is gone and no beep. So he thinks it has something to do with the cell piece. I have a few of questions here. Hope someone could help me.

1. Based on model S/N, my pool guy believe the cell piece was manufactured in 2010, and it definitely was installed before 2012. My pool suggests to replace the whole cell piece, instead of tri-sensor only. What would you guys think about that?

2. My pool guy charge about 100 bucks to replace/install the cell. Does installation or setup needs a lot of experience? Any chance i could by my self, instead of paying him to do so?

Thank you very much.
    32 ft x 25 ft x (4.5 ft ~ 8.0 ft) 30k gallon pool || AquaPure Model APUREM SWG || Pentair MiniMaxPlus Electronic Ignition Heater || Pentair FNS Plus 60 D.E Filter || TFTestKits TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2
    Spring, TX

Re: Aquapure plc1400 - cell and/or tri-sensor

Being a novice pool owner/maintainer I would highly recommend doing it yourself. I have successfully cleaned my salt cell with zero issues. Quite a simple task. Here is a quick link.

Jandy Aquapure 1400 Salt Cell Cleaning and Error Codes - YouTube

The cells are expensive too. Haven't seen one for under $300. So maybe clean it before you pony up the dough on a replacement.

Tony Tempo - Spring, TX
    ~15,000 In Ground Salt Water Pool w/ Spa and Waterfall
    Filter - Jandy CL460 | Pump - Jandy PHP 2.0HP | Heater - Need to Update
    Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG | Pentair 320 Inline Chlorine Generator
    Polaris 260 Vac Sweep Cleaning System | Booster Pump - Hayward Model 6060

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Aquapure plc1400 - cell and/or tri-sensor

Look into pricing on a complete system. By the time you buy a cell and sensor, you're gonna be in the ballpark of a new system with all new parts, warranty, etc.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source