Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: App

1. Back To Top    #1

App

I used to have the simple pool app. I got a new phone. Does it still exist? Or are there any alternatives?

1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: App

Pool pal.....
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Be very careful with phone apps. Few if any of them utilize TFP recommended levels and some have very poor mathematical/chemical calculations. PoolMath is the best source of info. It's not an app, I know, but honestly I don't trust anything else.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Be very careful with phone apps. Few if any of them utilize TFP recommended levels and some have very poor mathematical/chemical calculations. PoolMath is the best source of info. It's not an app, I know, but honestly I don't trust anything else.
    I keep the PoolMath page bookmarked on my phone. Just as easy as an app. Well, almost
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    For my iPhone I just added PoolMath as a favorite in Safari so it shows whenever I open Safari. Works for me!
    Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence T-5 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system

6. Back To Top    #6

I second the vote for Pool Pal. It uses TFP calculations. I verify any chemical amounts other than chlorine with Pool Math, however, but they've always matched up.
    Pool/Equipment: 20'x52" round Intex Ultra Frame AGP (~8,800 gallons)--Intex SWCG (CG-28669, 15K gallon model)--Intex Sand Filter Pump (SF60110, 16", 120lbs sand, 3K gph)--Hayward SP1091LX Through-Wall Skimmer--Hard Plumbing--Taylor K-1766 Salt Test Kit--TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Pool Pal isn't available for iPhones though.
    Pool completed 3/21/2016
    8800 gallons, plaster 14' x 24', 3/4 hp Hayward pump, Hayward cartridge filter, Blue Essence T-5 SWG, Kreepy Krauly Kruiser, Taylor K-2006 test kit with Speedstir, Taylor K-1766 salt test and 250 sq. ft. of Heliocol solar panels with Pentair Solartouch control system

8. Back To Top    #8

Pool math it is.

1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 2500 gph and it has a re-useable fabric filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    5) If you know, tell us the size pump 2500gph and the size (flow rate) of your filter.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.

9. Back To Top    #9

The reason I'm not wealthy is that I can recognize opportunities, but I don't do anything about it. I'm not saying a TFP phone app will make anyone a millionaire, but if I knew how to write an app, I'd do it! Integrate Pool Math, add a log for results and include links to articles, videos and products and reviews and have a way to order/re-fill test kits.

Now that I've begun the brainstorming, if someone could create and publish the apps and give me a commission, that'd be great...
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Rollercoastr View Post
    The reason I'm not wealthy is that I can recognize opportunities, but I don't do anything about it. I'm not saying a TFP phone app will make anyone a millionaire, but if I knew how to write an app, I'd do it! Integrate Pool Math, add a log for results and include links to articles, videos and products and reviews and have a way to order/re-fill test kits.

Now that I've begun the brainstorming, if someone could create and publish the apps and give me a commission, that'd be great...
    Except that this type of action would infringe on the TFP trademarks. You can't make money off someone else's intellectual property. Now, if you want to write one and call it Wally's Pool Numbers with no links to TFP you can sell that.....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

11. Back To Top    #11

My profit comments were tongue-in-cheek. I don't have the skills or time, but if I did, I'd approach the stakeholders about the potential of a bonafide TFP App. I don't think I was into my second day of testing before I created a Google Doc as a log. As I flipped between the doc and Pool Math, I thought, "there should be a better way..."
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

12. Back To Top    #12

It sucks for iPhone users that Pool Pal isn't available for iOS. It really is useful.

Maybe contact the developer and see if they'll write an iOS version?

It's free, but I'd pay for it.

Pool/Equipment: 20'x52" round Intex Ultra Frame AGP (~8,800 gallons)--Intex SWCG (CG-28669, 15K gallon model)--Intex Sand Filter Pump (SF60110, 16", 120lbs sand, 3K gph)--Hayward SP1091LX Through-Wall Skimmer--Hard Plumbing--Taylor K-1766 Salt Test Kit--TF-100 Test Kit