new light grey marble dust - giant streaks. What do I do? please help

Jul 8, 2016
Merrick/NY
Hi everyone,
I just had contractor come in and do light grey marble dusting of my pool. After they were finished and I came back from work, I looked in the pool and saw a very uneven color of cement in the pool while I was expecting to see one smooth light grey finish. Naturally, I'm freaking out now because as we all know, this is not cheap at all. The pool company tells me it takes 20 days to cure and that this will even out. Is this really the case? Will it even out on it's own once the water is balanced or am I stuck with these giant streaks? what should I do? please help
pool1.jpg

Will they do an acid start? As in put LOTS of acid in the water after it is filled?

Another way to start the plaster is for them spray the acid on the plaster then rinse it off. They then start filling it with water.

Here is a link on new plaster BUT run it by your PB before you do anything:

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

You also need a good test kit to help keep this new plaster looking it's best and help it last a good, long time. Look in my siggy for the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

Kim:cat:

Thanks for the info, Kim. I already bought TF-100 test kit so I'm all set there.
I'm just curious if anyone had their pool replastered in grey color and if they experienced the same thing and whether or not the streaks disappeared.

It is very common for colored plaster (plain plaster with colorant) to have streaks or mottling. He should have warned you of that beforehand. Absolutely push him on this. Ours has it and was expected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.