Attempting to setup Pump on new AGP this evening- please HELP!

violet-mermaid

Mar 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi guys. So the pool installers started installing our buried AGP 3 weeks ago, and it's still not complete. Was **supposed** to be done in 2-3 days, but they cancelled more days than they showed up. The hard part is done- hold dug, yard leveled, pool assembled, liner installed. The pool was setup on Monday, and we were told to fill it up halfway with water and they would be back the next day to setup the skimmer and pump/swg. Well, it's Friday and they still have not been back. :mad: The water is getting yucky on the top, and it's time to get some filtration going. My husband and I are going to attempt to setup the equipment this afternoon. Here's what we are working with:

eq2.jpg

eq1.jpg

And our equipment:

Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 3000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28667 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for Above Ground Pools : Patio, Lawn Garden

What do we need to hook all of this up to the pvc? The guys left no fittings or anything. Will the hoses that came with the pump hook up to this? Any help or advice would be great... I'm SO ready to be done with this!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here's a link to the pool install if you're curious...

Buried AGP Pool Build

Hi guys. So the pool installers started installing our buried AGP 3 weeks ago, and it's still not complete. Was **supposed** to be done in 2-3 days, but they cancelled more days than they showed up. The hard part is done- hold dug, yard leveled, pool assembled, liner installed. The pool was setup on Monday, and we were told to fill it up halfway with water and they would be back the next day to setup the skimmer and pump/swg. Well, it's Friday and they still have not been back. :mad: The water is getting yucky on the top, and it's time to get some filtration going. My husband and I are going to attempt to setup the equipment this afternoon. Here's what we are working with:

eq2.jpg

eq1.jpg

And our equipment:

Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 3000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-28667 with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for Above Ground Pools : Patio, Lawn Garden

What do we need to hook all of this up to the pvc? The guys left no fittings or anything. Will the hoses that came with the pump hook up to this? Any help or advice would be great... I'm SO ready to be done with this!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here's a link to the pool install if you're curious...

Buried AGP Pool Build
Do you have all of the parts that came with the pump, filter and SWG? I am not an expert but the SWG might be undersized for your pool. They recommend to do 50% the size of the pool. You would have to have an expert chime in on this. You can still do all the piping and just cut that in later. Just wanted to toss that out there before you install seeing the next step was only $50 more on Amazon.

I used bleach in my pool for the first few weeks till I got the electric done.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I actually have the SWG that says up to 15,000 gallons- I bought it from Walmart. But yes, we do have all of the parts that came with everything.

How much liquid chlorine should I add now, if any?
Check pool math but with mine I just dumped a gallon of bleach in while I was setting up and just checked every few days. If you put unions on the end of those pipes you can always redo the pipes later even if you don't have all the valves. They also make connectors to go from flex to PVC. That way you can get everything running until they come back to finish. If you do pipe it, it took me about 3 hours to do mine. Use Teflon tape on the threaded connectors and only hand tighten.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.