Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just changed tri-sensor - still have issues - any thoughts?

1. Back To Top    #1

Just changed tri-sensor - still have issues - any thoughts?

So my spa Aquapure 1400 started generating 172 185 and 186 error codes. I assumed issue was the tri-sensor and I had an extra one so I decide to install it. Salt had been at 3100 before the error popped up. When I put new board in, I am getting three issues: (1) salt reading 4200, which is causing high salt error 145; (2) temperature reading 37-42 F, which is purely incorrect as it is 80 degrees outside and water was 104 yesterday; (3) no flow is indicated.

My Tri Sensor is the kind with the try-sensor adaptor - not the latest with the extra interface module. I tried to push the button on the adaptor but it has not helped. Flow light on adaptor is blinking. Button does not seem to do a thing.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just changed tri-sensor - still have issues - any thoughts?

Actually just removed jumper and all works.

3. Back To Top    #3

I am having similar issues with my AquaPure 1400. What do you mean by "removed the jumper"? Do you mean the adapter?

Also, my tri-sensor was installed on top of the PVC pipe. I beleive, from research, that this may cause issues with air pockets between the water and tri-sensor. Does anyone have any advise on how the tri-sensor should be installed?

Thanks,
    Tony Tempo - Spring, TX
    ~15,000 In Ground Salt Water Pool w/ Spa and Waterfall
    Filter - Jandy CL460 | Pump - Jandy PHP 2.0HP | Heater - Need to Update
    Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG | Pentair 320 Inline Chlorine Generator
    Polaris 260 Vac Sweep Cleaning System | Booster Pump - Hayward Model 6060

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by tempo013 View Post
    I am having similar issues with my AquaPure 1400. What do you mean by "removed the jumper"? Do you mean the adapter?

Thanks,
    There is a little jumper on the adaptor board. If memory serves me correctly, the jumper is on the left, the light is in the middle, and the button is on the right as you face the adaptor and it is installed. Jumper needs to come off for certain version of the 1400 (mine) base on firmware version,