Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberglass pool questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberglass pool questions

The wife and I are comparing pools and are leaning towards a fiberglass one. Any advice, brands, complications you may have had with one, etc.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fiberglass pool questions

Hello and welcome to TFP! Very pleased with ours. Pics can be seen below in my sig. As with any pool, make sure to get plenty of return jets for adequate circulation. Larger the filter is always better with any pool just to cut-down on intervals between cleaning. LED lights are nice to have. Do ask how they level/stabilize the pool (sand, gravel, etc). Ours is on sand, and if I had to do it over, I might have pursued the crushed gravel more, but your soil conditions may dictate all of that. Maybe ask if they do a pressure-check on the PVC lines before attaching equipment just to confirm good seals before covering everything with dirt/concrete.

All-n-all though, we love our FB pool and it's quite easy to maintain ...... especially with TFP methods.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.

Far too complex to answer in a simple post. Thousands of Fibreglass pools installed over the country. Each type has drawbacks and advantages.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pepperfire View Post
    The wife and I are comparing pools and are leaning towards a fiberglass one. Any advice, brands, complications you may have had with one, etc.
    Just keep in mind that it's being transported in one piece and your dimensions will be limited by transportable width.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner