Just getting started on new pool

Jun 17, 2016
inman ,s.c.
Hi , we are just in the beginning of getting a pool , we have had above ground pools at our other homes in the north east but we are now in south carolina and know we will get alot of use out of a pool. We were hoping to find a house we loved with an existing pool but that didnt happen , so we have cleared the back yard of those top heavy pine trees and are ready to start planning. here is what we have so far.after going back and forth we have decided on a vinyl lined rectangle . these are the items included in the price and they are fort wayne pools.

1.) 18 x 36 Rect 2' rad ( no idea what a 2 ft. rad is)
2.) AQ RiteW/cellsized to pool salt chlorinator installed
3.) hayward led color logic light with niche (they tried to talk us out of a light)
4.) 400 sq.ft of concrete ,including 112 sq.ft of stamped around the pool

For a total of 32,927, not sure if this is a good price or not since we are newbies. the company has been around since the 70's and they are right in the area. Havent decided on liner color and i am sure that will be the hardest but not the most important. Any advice is appreciated !

As we bought the house with the pool already installed, I don't have much for you other than to say "Welcome!". I would guess the 2' rad would mean rounded corners with a 2' radius. I'm sure someone else will correct me if that is off base. Congrats on the house and pool!

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :) That's going to be a nice pool! There's some great experts here that will be a big help. Does your quote include anything about the pump, filter and plumbing?

Hi thanks for all the welcomes. Lol ,i am sure you are right about the rad meaning radius . i shouldnt write before i have had my coffee. We were trying to buy a house with a pool but that didnt work out so we are really missing one right now in the middle of summer. I am sure it wont be ready for this year but we can look forward to it for next year. I thought that included everything but maybe I had better double check all that . Just looked at bottom of the page and it reads , Price includes coping ,sand filter and super pump sized to pool ,maintenance equipment including vac head ,vac hose,brush ,net ,pole and test kit. i will call and find out specifics .thanks

I would think about if that is enough concrete around the pool. Seems like you will get 1 foot around the pool and then something like a 20 x 20 pad. Will that be enough room for people, chairs, lounges, etc.? Seems kind of tight to me.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.