Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tiny puddles under the corners of new Intex 18 x 9 Rectangular Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Tiny puddles under the corners of new Intex 18 x 9 Rectangular Pool

The brand new pool was put up a couple of days ago. Once filled with water, small puddles had appeared under three of the corners. Initially I thought it was from the light rain shower we'd had that morning. I dried them up but they were there again a few hours later. This is happening on three corners. One of them, however, has slowed right down. One seems to have stopped but there is one that is still very slowly dripping. Has anyone else experienced this? I have contacted the retailer just in case I need a new liner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Tiny puddles under the corners of new Intex 18 x 9 Rectangular Pool

I have not had that problem, it does go over the side when playing in the pool though..

You may be able to use a patch but you should not have to... I know it would be a pain to replace but that may be your best long term option
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

I have checked the fourth corner and it is slightly wet on the underside of the liner but this one does not drip. I found a couple of reviews on Amazon where they had the same problem but it stopped after a few days and never happened again. It must be coming from inside the pool as the water is slightly salty. The pool hasn't been used yet so it can't be due to splashing. I am baffled. Can anyone putting up a rectangular ultra pool watch out for this and let me know if it happens to them?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I can say mine does not do it but its the bigger one.. I don't remember if it did it while I was filling, so as it goes along it leaks less or stops..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Well impressed with the UK agent for Intex. They have agreed to an end of season warranty so I can continue to use the pool until the end of the summer. I will then have to empty it and cut the logo out of the liner and send them a photo. They will then send me a replacement liner. They have even said they will extend the warranty on the new liner as I won't have the chance to fill it up and check it is okay until the start of the next season.

6. Back To Top    #6

Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jmc001 View Post
    Well impressed with the UK agent for Intex. They have agreed to an end of season warranty so I can continue to use the pool until the end of the summer. I will then have to empty it and cut the logo out of the liner and send them a photo. They will then send me a replacement liner. They have even said they will extend the warranty on the new liner as I won't have the chance to fill it up and check it is okay until the start of the next season.
    Good Customer Service.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter