Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circumpolar rj45 installation without timer ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Circumpolar rj45 installation without timer ?

Since I have a vs pump, I disabled my timer. Read through the manual and it's saying to hook it up to the pump timer. Is it necessary? It doesn't seem to have a built in timer or on off option?
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Circumpolar rj45 installation without timer ?

The SWG is run by a timer, because you went to a VS type pump you will need to use some kind of timer to turn on and off... can you reuse your old timer?

But Because you have an RJ model you can set the percentage from 1% to 100%

The power button is on the top left and will turn it on or off..

you could connect it to your pump but that would really be a waste as you would have to run the pump 24/7, you never want the SWG to turn itself off with the flow sensor...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I suppose I can use the existing timer for it or maybe I'll pick up a Zwave relay and add it to my home automation and automate it there.
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I have also started messing with Zwave, only have the base so far
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

what controller r u using? Home Automation is like a drug, you tell your self you'll spend the money only what you need but in the end, you find yourself putting everything on it. You'll even have it flush your toilet for you if you could. LOL

I'm using a Vera 3 and a Vera lite, been thinking of moving over to HomeSeer.
    SF Bay