Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pump

I just got a new "Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1-1/2-Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump " will keeping chlorine a bit higher "usually 5-8 ppm most of the time cause any problems? only had my pool for one summer so far and was not sure.... I bought a home(oct-14) that had this pool installed in April-2009 and just now having to replace the pump this season, I thought this was a good question to ask since I use bleach to chlorinate now since my salt cell is very old and don't appear to be working I just turned it off until ready to invest in another any advice needed ...thanks in advance

fc=8.0
    CC=0.5
    cya=50
    TA= 60
    pH= 7.5
    CH-150
    13,995 gallons 24 X 52 / above ground pool.../.SWG/ sand filter/ vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pump

Chlorine at reasonable levels will not hurt the pump.

Not part of your question... but you should be able to run at 5 ppm FC at 50 ppm CYA, which would reduce the amount of chlorine burning off in the sun, but it's no problem at all for swimming or the pump.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pump

Thank you very much for the answer.
    13,995 gallons 24 X 52 / above ground pool.../.SWG/ sand filter/ vinyl liner